Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Detox Update


You know whats better than swinging back and forth in a hammock chair on a humid summer morning at the farm without makeup because the cows don't care what you look like?

Losing 12.4 pounds in a week!!!!

You guys, I am ecstatic.

Not only did I drop a significant amount of weight this past week, I had a few amazing things happen that I want to tell you about...

I went back to the farm and didn't ravage cupboards to find the Wheat Thins, nor did I have a cookie for dessert with my Dad after almost every meal. I did decide to indulge in 5 bites of the most beautiful apple pie and homemade cinnamon ice cream, but after 5 bites I was satisfied and I walked away. The next day I got right back on track. And the best part about all this? It wasn't even that hard because I wasn't having cravings for any of the bad stuff!

I wanted to wear a particular pair of black dress pants this week that at one point in my life were ridiculously tight on me. I got them out and put one leg in, the other leg in, pulled them up, buttoned the pants, and they fell back down. Did you hear me screaming? Because that's exactly what happened at that moment and I swear you could have heard me in China... I had to pinch myself to make sure it was real life.

I went to the store to find new black dress pants, in a smaller size, and while I was there I saw the most adorable maxi dress. They were out of my regular size so I almost didn't even try on the smaller size, but I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go....and it fit! And it looked awesome. I bought it, of course, and proceeded to wear it like a boss all weekend. My body is changing and it feels SO freaking good!!!!

They say you're not supposed to workout much during the detox, so I took it easy this week. I know I always tell you on this bliggity blog of mine that you can't outwork a poor diet. But, I am going to be very honest with you right now and tell you I didn't practice what I preached. Because I am an idiot. No other reason. But you guys, I don't remember the last time I took more rest days in a week than workout days and to have my body change as much as it did? Craziness. I am now truly a believer. Losing weight and getting healthy is 80% about what you put in your mouth and 20% about burning calories. Not the other way around, which was my mentality for years.

On Friday morning (this was 3 days into the detox) I got on the scale to check my progress and I distinctly remember looking down at the number on the scale and thinking to myself, "Is this real life?!?!?!" with my jaw on the ground. I got off the scale, then got back on to double check it wasn't lying...same number!! I hadn't seen a number that low on that scale since probably high school. High school. Amazing!

And the most awesome part this week? My trainers face and reaction when I stepped on the scale this morning and had a 12 pound loss. I'm not even going to try to describe it in words... It was priceless!

The amazing stuff is only beginning friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment