Friday, April 12, 2013

Run Molly Run

One of my best friends, Molly, is embarking on a new journey and I am so excited to tell you all about it!


Molly and I met through a mutual friend in college. We became quick friends. Our friendship blossomed into roommates, which led to Saturday and Sunday morning cuddle buddies. Naturally she became my sister-from-another-mister and the rest is history! One of my favorite things about my friend Molly? She gives the best hugs. Seriously. Look her up if you've had a bad day. Her hugs will fix it. Guaranteed.

Ever since I can remember, Molly has been passionate about finding a cure for cancer. She is always helping out with fundraisers, volunteering her time to raise money, or helping with an event to find a cure. She has a servant heart and has watched cancer effect people she loves and she wants to do something about it. 

Which brings me to this blog post...

Molly has been selected to be a part of the Million Dollar Marathon team. A group of individuals will each be running 26.2 miles and as a group they will run the entire distance from the East Coast to the West Coast. Each of them has been asked to raise $7,500 each to reach a goal of $1,000,000 as a team, all of which will be donated for cancer research and helping families that have been effected by cancer.

Because Molly is a rockstar, she has decided she would like to double her goal of $7,500 and raise $15,000 to find a cure. She is well on her way with almost $4,000 donated already!

I'm telling you all this for two reasons:

1. I've never trained for a marathon, but I know it is a grueling process. Molly has a love/hate relationship with running, and there is always a risk of injuries when you push yourself to run as far as she will be running. I know how much she would appreciate being lifted up in prayer while she is on this journey. So, if you think about it, please pray that she is able to complete her training and the marathon without injuries. Also, pray she is able to finish this marathon with as much passion as she started out with at the begining of this journey.

2. As I mentioned earlier, Molly would like to raise $15,000. She is rocking it with almost $4,000 already raised, but she has a long way to go. If you would like to support Molly on this journey by either a monetary donation or simply following along, you can keep up with her happenings by reading her blog or liking Run Molly Run on Facebook.


Thank you, Molly, for running for something you believe in. Thank you for running so the people we love who are currently fighting cancer will someday, God willing, not have to fight the battle anymore. You inspire me, and I'm so blessed to call you friend.

Run Molly Run! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment