Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12.30.14

What. A. Year.

As I sit here on the second to last day of 2014 I can't help but think about how much I want to kiss 2015 when it arrives. Like not just kiss it, make out with it.

2014 was a hard, but beautiful year.

I worked hard on my fitness goals and made great strides in the "New Year New Me" category.

I was selected to be part of a leadership program through the Iowa Farm Bureau. I grew and learned a lot and the best part was meeting some wonderful new friends.

A dear friend lost her battle with cancer and went to go be with Jesus in May. I miss her, her encouragement, and her joy...so much.

I fell in love with a boy. He's the best thing since Kate Spade (but better!) and there is no doubt I want him by my side until my last day.

I decided to take a leap of faith and move back to my hometown in July. This leap came with a new job, selling my house, saying goodbye to dear friends, moving back in with my parents for a few months, and eventually buying, remodeling and closing on a new house.

In August my cousin was in a fatal car accident and also went to be with Jesus. I miss him like crazy. Moving back to my hometown 2 weeks before this happened (which is also his hometown) is God's timing. We were born seven months apart and did a lot of living in this place. In an odd way it makes me feel close to him, and I'm thankful for that.   

I went on a cruise with my mom, 5 aunts, and 5 cousins in October. It was lovely in a million ways.

To sum up 2014 in as few words as possible, I cried more in this last year than I ever thought I could.
I also laughed more, loved harder, and had more moments of pure joy than I probably deserve. It's been quite a year.

Cheers to 2015, friends. May it be full of blessings for you and yours!

P.S. - I promise I'll start visiting and writing here more soon. As you can see ^^^ my life has been a little bit of a roller coaster these last few months. But I promise I'll be back!

1 comment: