Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sowing Seeds

This past weekend Mother Nature played nice and my Dad and I got to go to the field to sow some seeds.

I spent a long time staring at this computer screen trying to come up with words in sentence form that would describe how happy this makes me, and I just can't.

So, instead, I will leave you with pictures.

Is this not the prettiest black dirt you've ever seen?

 
I had a serious case of "buddy seat butt" so I talked my Dad into letting me plant a few acres while he suffered in that awful seat.

To the makers of John Deere buddy seats: I will consult for free if you try to make those things more comfortable. Please?

 
We ran cows on this field this past winter so we did some extra tillage work in some areas. We had to make sure the seed depth was consistent throughout the field so the corn would come up even.

 
I ran to get seed for my Dad, and was seriously impressed with how good the old farm truck smelled. So my eyes started wandering. And then they stopped on this thing hanging from the rear view mirror.


I started laughing out loud.

Farmer jokes....get me every time!

If you're the praying kind, pray for a few days of sunshine so we can continue to sow some seeds.

And in a week or two, pray for a couple rains to make them grow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment