Thursday, January 16, 2014

NYNM: Week 4



You know what I learned this week?

To let go of perfection.

Because guess what?

It doesn't exist.

There is no such thing as a perfect meal plan or the perfect amount of time spent at the gym or the perfect workout resulting in the perfect calorie burn.

So why do we (and when I say we I mean I do it, so obviously other people have to, too) obsess over this so much?

Why do we feel like unless we go to the gym six times a week and follow a strict nutrition plan we have ultimately failed?

Enough already!

Because guess who ate cookies, more peanut butter than I should have, drank beer at her work Christmas party, and had an extra piece of bread one day last week because I just wanted some garlic toast already?

THIS GIRL.

And guess what?

I still managed to weigh in this week 2.6 pounds lighter than last week.

Not perfect still equals successful.

And success is what it is all about, friends.

Not perfection.

I'm now down 12.2 pounds from when I started with my trainer a month ago.

And just today I got my first, "Michelle, you're lookin' good!" compliment.

Do those ever get old?

Wait, I can answer that....they sure don't!!! :)

With the one month weigh-in came measurements.

I've never been one to jump on the 'taking measurements' train in my weight loss efforts before.

Probably because its really quite difficult to measure yourself.

I mean have you ever tried to measure your own upper arm?

Difficult.

Anywho - to say I was pleased after that measuring tape was rolled back up was an understatement (I now fully endorse those on a weight loss journey measuring their progress...pun intended.)

Because I've lost 13 inches in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!

And 5 of those inches came of my waist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what I'm trying to say in this long drawn out blog post is: you CAN do this too.

You don't have to be perfect.

You don't have to follow a strict meal plan or join CrossFit.

Just move.

Eat healthy.

And please please pleaaaaase let go of the idea that you can't do this unless you're perfect.

There is no perfect in weight loss.

It's messy.

So go on an get your hands dirty!

I promise you it's worth it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment