Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Decisions

The Blog Writers General Warning: I'm in the midst of making a difficult decision. I apologize in advance if this blog post makes absolutely no sense, I have run on sentences that never end, and my thoughts are everywhere. Welcome to a day in the life of my brain!!! Ha! But in all seriousness, in the past, when I've had to work through making a difficult decision, writing became my go-to. It was a chance for me to get all the feelings, emotions, thoughts, etc out of my brain and formed into words to make some sort of sense out of it. So to you, my lucky readers, if you care to continue reading, prepare yourself for the mess of a blog post that you are about to read! :) 

Making decisions isn't something I enjoy.

I'm not talking about the kind of decisions like: should I paint my nails purple or pink.

I chose purple, just in case you were wondering...I needed some spring vibes in my life! :)

But the kinds of decisions that will change everything.

You know, the pick up your life...move it somewhere else...and hope everything doesn't fall apart in between, kind.

I've been making a pro's and con's list for over a week.

And even that isn't helping.

As one side of the piece of paper seems to grow longer with bullet points, the other side somehow always seems to catch right up.

I've also been asking for advice from countless people who are in my corner.

They all say the same thing, "Gosh Michelle, that's a hard choice. I don't know what to tell you."

So here I sit.

On the corner of "Don't-Miss-Out-On-Moving-Closer-To-Your-Dream Road" and "Be-Patient-And-Wait-For-The-Right-Opportunity Avenue."

How do you know when it's the right timing?

Or if you should be patient just a little bit longer?

If you don't go for it, could you be passing up a great opportunity?

How do you choose when there is no "gut feeling" about what you should do?

What it all comes down to is: what is the cost?

Because you and I both know these decisions come with a price tag.

So the real question then becomes: What are you willing to sacrifice or risk to get closer to your dream?

And the follow up question: Is it worth it?

On Friday morning I hope I have answers to all these questions, because I'll have to make my decision.

Until then, I'll be praying and writing and then praying some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment