Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Just One!!!

 
I love to bake.
 
Especially when it's cold out.
 
Even more so when I'm craving something sweet.
 
And definitely when I'm stressed out about something.
 
The past few days I have been a type of frozen that going to the gym and burning 1300 calories won't even begin to warm me up.
 
So I decided bake.
 
It had nothing to do with the fact that I was seriously craving some chocolate. ;)
 
Usually with baking cookies comes eating cookies.
 
Yes, cookies.
 
Plural.
 
I'm not the type of person who can only eat one.
 
I mean who really can?
 
I know there are some of you out there.
 
And I actually really envy those of you who can go to all the work of baking cookies and only eat one.
 
I mean this is why you bust your butt in the gym right?
 
So you can eat delicious things like cookies!
 
Until yesterday.
 
Wait for it....................................
 
I only ate one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
And to boot, I didn't even want to eat another one!!!!!
 
{Insert me twerking in my kitchen here}
 
I don't know that I can even begin to describe how big of a win this is for me.
 
And, because I am the best co-worker of all co-workers, I brought them to work with me today. 
 
They were gone before 10 am (yep, I'm that good folks!) and I didn't even think about eating one.
 
Another win!!!
 
I am constantly reminded over and over on this weight loss journey that the biggest obstacle I have to overcome is my own brain.
 
If I am in a head space where the only option is winning small victories, there is no doubt I am going to be successful.
 

 
 
What small victories have you had on your weight loss journey? I'd love to hear them!
 
And if you ever find yourself frozen and craving chocolate, I would recommend these! :)
 
Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips (I used a combination of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips...it was awesome!)
 

Instructions:

Cream together eggs, butter and sugars.
Add in dry vanilla pudding mix until combined.
Next add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Add chocolate chips in by hand.
Roll into balls and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Remove for pan and let cool.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment