Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New Year, New Adventure, New Me!

Alright, so it's not 2014 yet.

But its darn close.

2014 is going to be a great year.

I can just feel it in my bones.

So much so that I wanted to get a running start on my goals.

Monday I took a giant leap and signed up for 12 weeks with a personal trainer.

Tuesday I worked out with him for the first time and I can honestly say I've never felt muscle fatigue quite like that before in my life.

Wednesday morning when my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m. and I went to go press snooze, my arms would not move and I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh! What have I done?! He paralyzed me! My arms don't work!!!"

Funny how your arms start to work (even though your crying when you move them from the pain) after that annoying noise goes off for more than 40 seconds.

I find myself thinking non-stop today how I'm probably going to wish I was never born after the first leg day with him.

Oh that will be painful.

None the less I'm excited about this new adventure.

I'm at a point where I'm bored of working out on my own (my bootcamp days have not resumed since I am still recovering from knee surgery) and I just need a little extra motivation to get back to where I was before I had surgery.

The great thing about this trainer is he is giving me a meal plan to follow and writing me workouts for the days I don't workout with him. We will have weekly weigh-in's where he will also take measurements to track my progress.

And guess what faithful followers of this dear blog of mine?

I'm going to share my progress with YOU!

I'll check in on a weekly basis and let you know how I'm doin' and maybe even share some helpful things I'm learning from my trainer.

My hope is that this will inspire you to get healthy in 2014.

Because everybody has time to have a calorie burn like one!


Join me in stepping away from the cookie tray this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment