Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'm Sorry

Hey guys.

I'm sorry.

Sorry I've kinda been M.I.A around these parts the last few weeks.

'Busy season' is in full swing at work and I seem to find myself running around from the time I wake up at 4:30 until I crash around 9 or 10 pm, unless I have a meeting to be at, then it's more like 11.

I also got the flu last week. And it was the kind that lingered for days.

I don't remember ever getting the flu in my adult life, ever. But I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It was miserable.

Then this past weekend I broke out in hives.

Seriously guys, I'm not being dramatic, but I thought I was dying.

I've never had hives before, so I didn't know what was wrong with me. It looked like I had gotten caught in a batting cage with an angry baseball shooter thing. I had giant welts all over me.

Somewhat concerned but again not knowing what they were I went to work Monday morning hoping they would go away.

Shortly after I tell my co-worker I have these welts all over me and she tells me that the exact same thing happens to her when she's stressed out. I think to myself 'I'm not stressed!!!' She encourages me to take a benedryl or two.

A couple minutes later I think to myself, shoot. What can it hurt?

I downed a couple of those bad boys at 8:32 am.

Not reading the label before taking the benedryl (who the heck reads labels anyways??) I did not realize this medicine is inclined to make one extremely drowsy. 

By 10:01 am I was SO sleepy. Like almost falling asleep driving sleepy.

So I swung by Starbucks and picked up a 20 oz. cup of Joe to wake me up.

By 10:52 I was having heart palpitations and I felt drunk.

No lie. This is my life.

The shit show express, and I'm in the fast lane in a Corvette going 120 mph.

So what I'm trying to say is, hopefully my body is done hating me and I'll be around here more.

Until then, stay well friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment