Monday, November 18, 2013

Confession Time

Alright it's time I confess.

I have gotten lazy.

Yes, you read that right.

I have become that ugly, gross, awful word I can't stand.

Lazy.

I have become complacent in my weight loss efforts as of late.

I lost sight of my goals.

Because I got comfortable.


Comfortable in my skin.

Comfortable in my clothes.

Comfortable in the sweet compliments.

Comfortable in what I saw looking back at me in the mirror.


Truth is, losing weight is hard.

It requires dedication, determination and an insane amount of focus.

A type of focus that could only be compared to that of a hungry lion hunting down his next meal.

And the kind of dedication and determination that forces you to change.

Change who you are.

Change your mindset, your habits, and how you spend your time.

But most of all?

Losing weight requires you to change your relationship with food.

{And the gym, too. But I've managed to master that one. I know right? Go me! Gym time = best part of my day!}

And oh my goodness is that a process.

Because your brain can only handle so much change.

Try to change too much all at once, and you find yourself in the corner of the pantry stuffing Ho Ho's in your mouth at lightning speed.

No, friends. I wouldn't know from experience. Hostess isn't my style. I have standards. I'm a homemade sweets kinda girl.

But you catch my drift.

I've been on this journey ever since I can remember.

It's a road well traveled for me, if you will.

One that forces a lot of self-discovery, along with celebrating some peaks and enduring a lot of valleys.

So while it's been easy to become comfortable with where I'm at, I want more.

It's time to focus on my goals and get back on track.


To get back on track I'm making small goals.

The first of which is losing 10 pounds by Christmas.

Yes, it's going to be hard with all the crap food that will inevitably be everywhere.

But you know what will be harder?

Not feeling like a million bucks when I'm reunited with family and friends at various Christmas celebrations.

So I'm going to take one day at a time; waking up each day and choosing to be awesome.


Because ain't nobody got time for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment