Thursday, February 13, 2014

NYNM: Week 8

 
I'm down another 3 pounds this week bringing me to 16.4 total!

We also took measurements this week, and I've lost 2 1/4 in the last month and 14 3/4 inches total.

To be honest with you, I was kinda bummed about the inches. I really thought I would lose more than that. My clothes are fitting so much better and I can just tell my body is changing. But my trainer reassured me that I'm doing well, and the second month is not going to be as drastic as the first. Moral of the story, I'm on the right track!

He also then showed me 2 1/4 inches on his tape measure and said this is how much less of you there is. That's a big deal! Be proud of that!

Then in the same breath he said, "This next month could be really great if you stop eating chocolate."

He's so kind. :)

I read a really good blog post yesterday. One that talked about how important it is for women to quit focusing on counting calories and limiting yourself to only cardio, but instead fuel your body with healthy foods and lift weights to get where you want to be.

So much truth in there (minus the expletives...sorry for that!)

So glad I'm becoming friends with the weight room.

So glad I've gotten myself away from calorie counting.

So glad I'm changing, slowly but surely, every day.

I'm getting stronger and faster and ultimately becoming a better version of myself.

Can't wait to see what 8 more weeks will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment