Monday, February 10, 2014

NYNM: Week 7


I set a goal last week.

Because it's good to have goals.

My goal?

To burn 7,000 calories.

7,000 calories = 2 pounds.

AND I DID IT!!!

Holy moley, I did it.

And oh my goodness is my body sore.

But it's SO worth it!!!

Through this process I'm continually amazed at the things I couldn't do just a few weeks ago and now I'm doing them with ease.

For example, this morning I was doing push ups on a medicine ball like it was my job. And not just a few of them, like hundreds of them. And from my feet, not my knees. And I was parallel to the floor, and my butt was NOT up in the air. This my friends, is amazing!!!

I'm getting stronger, and it feels great!

This week I lost 2.8 pounds, which means I have lost a total of 13.4!

And I haven't eaten peanut butter for over a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm still alive!!!!!

I did drink a diet soda this week (something I never do.) I know how bad pop is for you, and I don't love it, so I just stay away from it.

But I was craving something sweet so instead of going for the chocolate bucket (yes that exists) at work I went for a diet cherry coke, thinking no harm no foul.

Boy was I wrong!

My trainer went on for at least 20 minutes about why diet pop (and any carbonated beverage) is about the worst thing you could grab when you're trying to lose weight.

Because he was in the process of slowly killing me while he was rattling off all of this information I only caught about 3/4 of what he was telling me, so instead of trying to remember his lecture, I'm going to recommend if you're a 'carbonated beverage person' you can read more here.  Or just stop drinking it. :)

We are six weeks in to a new year, how are you coming on your fitness goals? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment