Monday, February 3, 2014

FarmHer

"By infusing images of women in agriculture into farm imagery we can change the way people perceive a farmer."

I stumbled upon this blog/website via Facebook.

And oh my goodness, I'm so glad I did.

I've been attending quite a few agricultural conferences lately and keep finding myself annoyed with some perceptions people have about women in agriculture today. 

The perception that a man is the only one on the farm working hard and getting his hands dirty while the womans place in the operation is doing the books and baking bread, is one of ignorance, in my opinion.

Because that is not the case on many farms.

From decision making to driving the combine they can farm with the best of the guys, and they are proving themselves as a vital part of many farm operations today.

I personally know of few of these women, and they are some of the most inspiring people I know.

Marji tells the story so well through her photos.

Go check out her blog here.

I love her slogan as well...

FarmHer: love the land, care for the community, feed the people.

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment