Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thank You.

There are many things I thought I'd feel after knee surgery.

Frustrated....annoyed....blessed.....humbled; just to name a few.

However, as I sit here having said goodbye to my cousin and her daughter, who came from over two hours away just to mow my lawn and hang out with me, I can't seem to feel anything but overwhelmed.

The type of overwhelmed that could be described as full-to-overflowing with happiness and joy.

I didn't need to have knee surgery to realize how ridiculously blessed beyond belief I am; I am well aware.

But through my recovery I have found myself counting my blessings a little more than normal.

I simply don't know how to express my gratitude, other than saying thank you.

But that just doesn't seem like enough.

So here is my feeble attempt to put into words how much all of your support means to me:

To my parents who let me literally move back in with them for over two and a half weeks after surgery, not to mention doing almost everything for me for those two and half weeks: I know you're my parents and I know it's your "job" to take care of me, but your support for me has been unwavering in every single adventure in my 26 years of life. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of love you show me, and I'm beyond words thankful for you both. I'm so blessed to have parents who are not only are a great example, but are my role-models too.

To my friends and family who have stopped by to hang out, brought food, sent cards, prayed for me, took me to the grocery store, sent care packages, came to see me at the hospital, helped me do laundry, called to check on me, mowed my lawn or helped me with countless other things: I know that's what friends and family members do for each other, but I am overcome with joy knowing I have so many amazing people in my life who no matter what will be in my corner when I need a hand. Thank you for blessing me these past few weeks. I am one lucky girl to be surrounded with so many amazing people and I continue to be blown away with your kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness. 

So while thank you doesn't feel adequate, I don't know what else to say other than:

Thank you...for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment