Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Day I Almost Reached Diva Status

I love fall.

Like REALLY love fall.

Because with the fall season comes so many other amazing things. Including but not limited to: wearing boots (of all forms from cowboy to high heels), fall foods, fall drinks, fall smells, fall scenery, harvest, sweaters, football games and tailgating, campfires, cooler weather....I could go on for days.

It is my favorite time of year!

And another fun fact about yours truly?

I absolutely love Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

The other day Facebook informed me that said Pumpkin Spice Latte I love is back. (Gotta love their marketing team, don't ya?)

I was driving back from the gym around 7 am and thought to myself, "Ya did good this morning, Euken. You should get yourself your favorite drink on your way to work."

Smiling so big my face hurt, I continued to make my way home.

My mouth started to salivate at the thought of my favorite drink being in my hand in approximately an hour.

Then just like that I realized I had crutches, making it impossible to carry a Pumpkin Spice Latte from the drive through window to my desk.

Feeling like my dreams had been crushed, I thought to myself, "well, I could call someone and have them come out to carry it in for me, because I really, REALLY want this latte right now."

And just like that I snapped back into reality and realized that drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte today was definitely not worth being called a "diva" for the rest of eternity by my co-workers.

Whew.

That was close.

But, you better believe I will be WALKING my happy self into Starbucks for my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of Fall 2013 when I get the all clear to ditch the sticks!


photo credit: google.com

What are you most looking forward to this fall season?


No comments:

Post a Comment