Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Is This Real Life?

When I begged prayed for moisture all of last summer fall and winter, I guess I should have been more specific in my request.

It is April. Late April in fact. I do live in Iowa so I guess maybe the jokes on me?

In the last 5 days it has rained. It has sleeted. It has hailed. And by hailed I mean accumulated up to 2-4 inches of ice in 30 minutes. It has snowed. Not once, but twice. And by snowed twice I mean both times accumulated up to 3-4 inches on top of the 2-4 inches of ice.

Now, I am smart enough to know better than to complain about the moisture. But it could really warm up anytime. There is corn and beans to plant, and flowers to bloom, and runs outside in the sun to be ran!

And most importantly, a tan to be had.


Exhibit A. I have never, ever, been this pasty white in my whole life. I know I may look happy about it in this picture, but its because I just got my hair did (no, you're eyes are not failing you. I'm a ginger...again!) This skin needs some sun ASAP or I'm going to have myself a serious self-diagnosed vitamin D deficiency and the only way to cure it would be a trip to Florida. Who's with me?!


Speaking of Florida, this was my backyard last night. April 22, 2013.

SOMEONE SAVE ME!

The only good thing about this picture is that I haven't had time to get my lawn mower ready to mow, and this was a good excuse for me to put my feet up and watch The Voice last night. Because letsbehonest - Blake Shelton anyone?! I need not say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment