Monday, February 25, 2013

The Golden Rule

My friend, Kim, taught me a "Golden Rule" a few years ago.

And I'm going to share it with you.

Because I think you're pretty neat for reading my thoughts and all.

And it's one that will truely revolutionize your weight loss journey.

Because it did mine, when I followed it.

There is no formula.

No counting calories (even though you should do that if you're trying to lose weight.)

No pills.

No shakes.

No crazy exercises to do (even though you should maintain an active lifestyle if you are trying to lose weight.)

It's one simple step.

And it works.

You just have to have a little will power.

Are you ready?



STOP EATING CARBS AFTER 3 P.M.

Yes, all carbs. All things starchy and sugary, including fruit, are out the door after 3 P.M.

That's it!

Easy enough, right?

If you're like me, and you work out first thing in the morning - do this along with eating a balanced healthy diet and following a workout routine and I promise you will see results.

Now it gets a little more tricky if you are the type that works out at night. Because you need carbs to be able to work out at your full intensity.

So get your butt out of bed and work out in the morning.

I'm kidding.

There is a simple solution.

Allow yourself one carb after 3 P.M. An apple, banana, or some sort of fruit is the best choice here. Immediately before your workout eat half of that one carb. Then, immediately after your workout eat the remaining half.

That is it!

So, because its a new day.

And I've been on somewhat of a roller coaster ride when it comes to this whole weight loss journey as of late, especially when it comes to the "Golden Rule."

I am re-committing myself to Kim's "Golden Rule" as of today.

Because it works.

And its mind over matter.

And I can do this.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment