Saturday, February 9, 2013

Confessions of a Farm Girl: Starbucks Delimma

I just gotta get this one off my chest.

Sometimes.

When I go to Starbucks.

I really want the biggest cup of coffee they have.

Also known as a venti-sized latte.

But when I get up there to order.

I get nervous.

I kinda even start to sweat a little. 

Because I feel like I'm going to pronounce 'venti' wrong.

And the coffee snobs that work at Starbucks will chuckle.

Because the farm girl, who is not such a coffee snob, can't pronounce the word 'venti' correctly.

So I end up ordering and settling for a grande-sized latte.

A size smaller than what I REALLY wanted.

Because it's a word I can pronounce correctly.

Or, at least I think so....


These are my confessions.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand when I order a grande sugar free vanilla latte with skim milk and they say " so you want a skinny non fat grande vanilla latte?" yes that is exactly what I ordered :) Oh Michelley!

    ReplyDelete