Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama!


Mom,

Today you are turning 59.

I know I don't tell you how much you mean to me often enough, mostly because I can't seem to fit it all in a Hallmark card, nor can I find the words to tell you how incredible you are.

But today, I want merely scratch the surface of why I admire you so much.

Because, you are the strongest and most talented woman I know.

You are professional.

You hold your own.

You work hard.

You love me unconditionally, even when I know I have been more than a handful (and some days that's putting it lightly.)

You have a great sense of humor.

You encourage, support, and cheer me on in every new adventure.

You have taught me not only how to cook, bake, sew, refinish furniture, paint, etc., but how to get my hands dirty, too.

You've allowed me opportunities to travel abroad to see the world and for that I am forever grateful.

You've taught me to make friends wherever I go, to never forget my roots, and to make my family proud.

You are self-less, kind-hearted, generous and giving.

You are absolutely beautiful, inside and out.

No matter how busy you are, you always make time for your family.

If I'm able to pull off being half the Mom you are someday to my future children, they are going to be pretty lucky kiddos.

Mom, I am so thankful for you.

I am so blessed I get to call you Mom.

I love you like crazy and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Sending extra love and cupcakes your way today,

Chelley

No comments:

Post a Comment