Friday, March 22, 2013

Those Red and Blue Flashing Lights

If you couldn't tell from the title, I got pulled over.

It was 5 in the morning and I was on my way to bootcamp.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure to see me at 5 in the morning, here is a little glimpse as to what that looks like...


The officer says, "Ma'm can I see your licence and registration please?"

"Umm..yeah. About the licence, I don't have it. You see I literally just got out of bed, and I am headed to the school to go workout. I guess it just slipped my mind to not bring my licence with me! BUT I have my registration, just let me find it. I apologize I've had this vehicle for over a year now, but have never been pulled over, so it might take me a minute."

At this moment I forget how awful I look as I try batting my eyes as this officer points a flashlight directly in my face.

He looks back at me with his stink eye and I quickly remember that my bref...well, it stanks. My hair looks like a rats nest, and I in no way look remotely cute right now.

Dang.

So I shuffle threw papers as he asks me to spell my name and tell him my birthdate. Finally I find my registration and he goes back to check out my run-in history with his folk.

All the while everyone else that I attend bootcamp with is driving past me looking, then looking again, trying to figure out if its me getting pulled over or someone else.

I'm about to be the talk of bootcamp. What an honor.

After a few minutes the officer comes back and our conversation went a little bit like this:

Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Me: "NO! I have not the slightest clue! How fast was I going?"

Officer: "Michelle do you know what the speed limit is on this road?"

I don't know why officers ask these questions. Of course I know the speed limit. Of course I know I was going way over the speed limit. And, of course I am going to act as innocent as I can saying I had no idea so you will forgive me.

Me: "No officer, I don't have a clue."

Officer: "25. It is 25. There is a sign right there," as he points.

Me: "Oooohhhhh! Sorry..."

That one backfired. Whoops!

Officer: "I'm going to give you two verbal warnings. One for speeding, you were going 42 in a 25. SLOW IT DOWN. And, two for not having your licence. CARRY YOUR LICENCE WITH YOU."

Then I get the stink eye again.

Me: "Thank you officer, I promise I will go the speed limit and carry my licence with me. Thank you!"

Officer: "Have a great workout. And good for you. I hear Paul's bootcamp is tough."

Me: "It is! It's a great workout!"

Officer: "You usually keep this truck at the speed limit on your way home. I'm guessing because you're tired."

Then he starts to laugh at himself, because apparently he thinks he is some kind of comedian.

I smile and say "Have a great day sir!"

That one was close. I'll be driving a little slower through town in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment