Sunday, March 10, 2013

Home Remedy

Remember the awful miserable cold I told you about last week?

Well the cold gave me an ear infection, too.

A doctor once told me in college that I have the ear tubes of a 5 year old.

Umm...thank you?

The same doctor also once told me that I have a petite nose.

Because I always have a comment for everything (I know, shocking) I politely responded, "I'm pretty sure that you could be the only person that has ever called anything about me petite..........long dramatic pause for awkward silence............My Mama would be proud."

Are you proud Mom? :)

I guess she sort of redeemed herself with the petite nose comment after she completely threw my ear tubes under the bus. Because who doesn't want a cute petite little nose? :)

Aren't you glad you're reading a long drawn out post about my medical history, child-like ear tubes and petite nose?

Thought so!

So here is where I did something stupid....and kids, you shouldn't do this at home. 

I started feeling the ear infection come on Saturday afternoon, and I didn't think about making a doctor appointment until Monday, for obvious reasons.

On Monday I was talking with a co-worker about how I had this ear infection and I needed to go see a doctor. She started talking about how she pours hydrogen peroxide in her kids ears to clear it up.

I'm thinking to myself at this point that she's kidding.

So I started laughing.

Then it got really awkward because she wasn't kidding and I was the only one laughing.

Before I know it she's pouring hydrogen peroxide down my ear. It tickles and feels like I have a horrible case of swimmers ear.

We repeat this about three times over the course of a day and a half. Before I know it, it is Wednesday, and my ears hurt more than they have ever hurt in the history of my ear infection ridden life.

I went to see a doctor and I'm now on antibiotics.

Moral of the story?

Just go to the doctor if your ears hurt.

Home remedies are not for everyone.

And, you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

So the next time someone is wanting to pour hydrogen peroxide down your ears, run as fast as you can the other direction.

Then call me and thank me for being the test dummy for you.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment