Tuesday, February 5, 2013

30 Day Challenge...GO!

I spend a lot of time in a vehicle, driving. And by a lot I mean I put on around 25,000 - 30,000 miles per year. I spend a majority of said time in a vehicle either talking on the phone or listening to the radio. Otherwise, I get bored and then I resort to things like texting, emailing or the worst - Facebooking.

***Before you get all in an uproar about that last comment - I'm really trying hard not to do those things anymore. I've realized it's just not worth it. So you can save your speech. I know, ok. :)***

Anyways, during the Christmas Season, I spent a lot of time listening to Christian radio because it was non-stop Christmas tunes. And who doesn't love some Christmas tunes?! After Christmas was over, they kept playing Christmas tunes, which I really appreciated!

Then, New Years came and went, and they went back to the regular Christian music and started talking about this 30 Day Challenge. The 30 Day Challenge was to listen to nothing but Christan music for 30 days and see what changes in your life.

I've always listened to a little Christan music, but I'm going to be totally honest and say it was one of the last stations on my favorites I would turn on if every other station was playing a commercial. So, I thought to myself, what the heck. It's good music and I've got nothing to lose, so why not give it a try!

Yesterday, I completed 30 days. (For the record, I may have changed the station during a commercial break once or twice on a long drive, reference above said boredom, but I did listen to mostly Christan music during these last 30 days, even on my iPad via Pandora.)

I wouldn't say that it was a life-changing experience. I have had a relationship with the big guy upstairs for a long time now.

But, what I will say, is that I did grow closer to Him the last 30 days. I spent more time in His word. I noticed that listening to encouraging words and uplifting songs for the last 30 days did made a positive difference in my life. I turned off the news which seems to be full of negative stories and influences. I was happier. More upbeat. More motivated. More aware of how absolutely blessed I am. I spent so much more time worshiping Him.

So, now the 30 Day Challenge is complete. And, I'm not going to change a thing.

Join me in listening to Christian music and see what positive changes happen in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment