- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 green, red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
- Toss Orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with orzo.
Recipe courtesy of beefitswhatsfordinner.com