- 1-1/2 pounds beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks
- 12 La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style Corn Tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut beef steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips; set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef.
- Evenly divide beef strips over tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon Spicy Pico de Gallo and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Spicy Pico de Gallo: Combine 1-1/2 cups chopped tomato, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper in large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup hot picante sauce or salsa and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to let flavors blend.
Photo courtesy istockphoto.com
Recipe courtesy of beefitswhatsfordinner.com